Thursday, July 13, 2006

Waiting out the storm


Today I did some research, found a web site that has done extensive research and testing on exposure to radiation. They have tested plants, food and humans. Check the link to the right, "Exposure Testing"

It seems they have some equipment that can test for past exposure. I decided to send them an e-mail to see if they have any results from testing military personnel.

I will wait for a response and re-post as soon as I get it.

Meanwhile a new picture of the tired bunch of guys stuck in the warehouse waiting for the storm to pass. We had to move out of there when the roof started to peel off.

If anyone recognizes the picture or anyone in it drop me a note to say hello.

4 Comments:

Blogger NORM SOVA said...

HEY THIS IS NORM SOVA AND I WAS THERE FROM 1978 TO 1979.I AM THE SECOND GUY FROM THE FRON INTHE PHOTO.I REMEMBER THAT STORM AS IF IT WAS YESTERDAY.I HAVE LOTS OF PHOTOS.ME AND ANIMAL AT THE BAR.I WAS IN THE SAME HOOCH WITH THE BAR.HAD A LOT OF GOOD TIMES AND MET A LOT OF GOOD GUYS.PLEASE CONTACT ME AT NSOVA55290@MSN.COM

8:32 AM  
Blogger Julio said...

I was Lowja 1 ... the admin support for the island during Typhoon Mary Dec 1977 and tropical storm Nadine Jan 1978. Use to get the Booze flown in by chopper or I'd pick up a supply when I went to meet with the S-1 on Enewetak. Remember driving the jeep into a ditch on Lowja ...someone failed to tell me that they were lying in pipe ... julio_v_sosa@yahoo.com

2:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was in the HQ bldg. behind the officers club & the surf eroded its foundation then it got tossed into the part of the bldg. we were in where the officers were riding out the storm. It was a T shaped bldg.. & all the officers scurried into our side & made us cram in with the other EM,s to the left of the T shaped bldg.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You were lucky being in where the officers were, we were out in the thick of it the whole time. Check this link to see a whole bunch of guys that were there too.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/120395714769077/

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home